Every year we look forward to that first weekend in September where we bid adieu–the last hurrah, if you will–to summer and welcome in a fresh new season. Labor Day is a holiday all hardworking Americans deserve to partake in. As we near the finish line of the jam-packed, four-day work week after Labor Day, we thought it would be fun to let you in on how the Sassafras Marketing folks chose to spend their long holiday weekend. The consensus among the team showed plenty of family, friends and cold drinks! We work really hard and firmly believe in the motto, “work hard, play hard!” We hope you and yours are recharged as we head into fall.
Here is a look at what our team members did this Labor Day weekend:
- Group Account Director Tara Mercado headed off to Connecticut and spent her time with old friends. There was time spent at the beach…and a side trip to NYC!
- Shannon O’Geen, Senior Account Director, doubled the Sassy fun by heading to the beach with Account Director Andi Oliver.
- Account Director Sara Rhodes headed south to Table Rock Lake (Missouri-Arkansas border) with family. Her in-laws live there and she soaked up summer fishing, boating and enjoying lots of pool time!
- Account Manager Sara Kinslow headed to a wedding in Miami, Florida. A Monday off after a wedding weekend is ALWAYS a bonus!
- Account Manager Jessie Devine headed to the lake with family and friends for a weekend of boating and fun. Her favorite part? Passing Sassafras Drive on the way to the lake house.
- Finally, our fearless leaders Jenny and Geoff Holton packed it up and headed to the lake for water sports and soaking up the sun. We’re certain that shenanigans ensued, and it was well-deserved.
In closing, we want to give another shoutout to all those affected in TX – we are thinking of you and hope you can get back to your idea of fun soon. If you’re still looking for a way to make a difference, check out our blog post detailing ways you can help out.
Have a great September, everyone!